To apply for this position, see our
What if you could customize any website or web app to have the perfect UX?
At PixieBrix, we believe everyone should have the power to customize the web interfaces they use to provide the perfect user experience. We're doing this by creating a new layer of the web application stack — a layer controlled by the end-user. Our first product is a Chrome browser extension to add custom actions, fields, and information panes to any web interface by combining sharable "bricks"
- Mission-driven team. Read more about our Mission, Values, and Principles
- Started by technical and go-to-market co-founders
- Backed by New Enterprise Associates and strategic angel investors including Chris Stolte (co-founder of Tableau), Dan Wright (CEO of Data Robot), Jeff Immelt (former CEO of General Electric), and Charles Cohn (CEO of Nerdy)
- Fully distributed team, within ±3 hours of New York (noon-4pm ET overlap)
- Our browser extension is open source (AGPLv3) and we support/contribute to the open source community
- Competitive pay and benefits: medical / mental health insurance, team retreats, home office / co-working stipend, personal development stipend, and more
About the Role
- Design UI/UX for a delightful product experience and customer success
- Own the design system for our website, marketplace, and product
- Synthesize user feedback and data to identify opportunities to improve the product experience and make customers successful
- Guide internal and external software engineering resources in implementing UI/UX and following best practices
- Role reporting to technical co-founder / CEO. Project manage implementation of UI/UX. Opportunity to build out product UI/UX team following our Series A investment
- Ambitious and creative, with the communication, collaboration, and empathy required to build a delightful user experience
- A generalist who can own the entire design process, and some product management experience
- 5+ years experience designing interfaces for non-developers. Must have experience creating or making significant contributions to a design system
- Strong ability to design UI/UX and communicate design to team members
- A portfolio highlighting your UX, UI, and design system work
- Experience with supporting technologies like Figma, Sketch, Illustrator, Zeplin, and Storybook
- Nice to have: ability to implement designs using HTML5, SASS/CSS, and ReactJS (or similar frameworks)
Unfortunately, we're not able to sponsor United States work visas at this time.
PixieBrix is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees