To apply for this position, see our
At PixieBrix, we believe everyone should have the power to customize the web interfaces they use to create the perfect user experience. We're doing this by creating a new layer of the web application stack — a layer controlled by the end-user. Our first product is a Chrome browser extension to add custom actions, fields, and information panes to any web interface by combining sharable "bricks"
- Mission-driven team. Read more about our Mission, Values, and Principles
- Started by technical and go-to-market co-founders
- Backed by New Enterprise Associates and strategic angel investors including Chris Stolte (co-founder of Tableau)
- Fully distributed team, within ±3 hours of New York (noon-4pm ET overlap)
- Our browser extension is open source (AGPLv3) and we support/contribute to the open source community
- Competitive pay and benefits: medical / mental health insurance, team retreats, home office / co-working stipend, personal development stipend, and more
About the Role
- Lead our extension infrastructure, including architecture (e.g., component messaging), bundling, testing, etc.
- Lead our framework for modifying websites and web applications
- Lead our library of adapters to internal front-end framework APIs, e.g., to read state from React and Angular front-ends
- Individual contributor role reporting to technical co-founder. Opportunity to grow into staff engineer, tech lead, or engineering manager role as the team grows
- Curious and ambitious, with the practical thinking and persistence required to solve engineering problems
- 4+ years of experience building front-end web frameworks, browser extensions, and/or web developer tools. Bonus points if you've worked on a popular browser extension
- Software programming skills and deep understanding of modern web technologies, e.g., DOM/Web APIs (Web Workers, Mutation Observers, Shadow DOM, etc.), Web Extension API, Webpack
Unfortunately, we're not able to sponsor United States work visas at this time.
PixieBrix is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees